camel-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Ton Swieb (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (CAMEL-7921) The soapAction HTTP header is not correctly set when running the CXF client in POJO mode using Camel
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2015 11:51:46 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-7921?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=14734689#comment-14734689
] 

Ton Swieb commented on CAMEL-7921:
----------------------------------

Hi [~ffang],

Thanks for looking into this.

Beside from any WSDL conventions I believe the WSDL is valid and is WS-I compliant. When using
a valid WSDL I would expect one of the following:
* A valid SOAP implementation is generated.
* An excpetion is thrown stating that a SOAP implementation cannot be generated due to missing
properties.

Generating a SOAP implementation which is relying on naming conventions in the WSDL does not
sounds like a very good plan to me. It would require me to either always set the servicename
attribute explicitly to be on the safe side or modify the WSDL to adhere to the naming convention.
In case of a missing servicename I think it would be better for the Camel Producer to fail
fast instead of trying to make the best of it.

> The soapAction HTTP header is not correctly set when running the CXF client in POJO mode
using Camel
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: CAMEL-7921
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-7921
>             Project: Camel
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: camel-cxf
>    Affects Versions: 2.12.3, 2.12.4, 2.13.2, 2.14.0
>            Reporter: Ton Swieb
>         Attachments: soapActionTest.zip
>
>
> The soapAction HTTP header is not correctly set when running the CXF client in POJO mode
using Camel.
> The root cause seems to be that the service name from the generated service class differs
from the service name in the WSDL.
> For me it is unclear if this should be an issue with the cxf-codegen-plugin or with the
Camel CXF component. When running the CXF client without Camel then the soapAction HTTP header
is correctly set and the issue does not occur. So that's why I first report the bug with Camel.
> Possible workarounds I found are:
> 1) Explicitly specifying the correct serviceName as CXF endpoint attribute.
> 2) Explicitly setting the soapAction header in the Camel route prior to calling the CXF
endpoint.
> Both workarounds are not desirable, because they are easily forgotten and CXF does not
throw an exception when you do. According to the basic profile v1.0 the soapAction HTTP header
must match the value in the WSDL and receiving SOAP servers may throw a SOAP Fault if it doesn't.
Some SOAP servers do throw an exception when the soapAction HTTP header is invalid. Resulting
in communication failures between some SOAP client/server combinations.
> I created a test project to verify the above behaviour with the following tests:
> 1) CXF in PAYLOAD with Camel. => OK
> 2) CXF in POJO mode without Camel => OK
> 3) CXF in POJO mode with Camel => *NOT OK*
> 4) CXF in POJO mode with service name set => OK
> 5) CXF in POJO mode with soapAction set => OK
> I run the test project with multiple combinations of Camel and CXF. The following combinations
I have tried:
> 1) Camel 2.12.3 and CXF 2.7.10 (Apache Servicemix 5.0.0 setup)
> 2) Camel 2.12.4 and CXF 2.7.11 (Apache Servicemix 5.0.5 setup)
> 3) Camel 2.13.2 and CXF 2.7.11 (Apache Servicemix 5.1.3 and 5.3.0 setup)
> 4) Camel 2.14.0 and CXF 3.0.1
> In the example project the mismatch occurs between an annotation in the generated service
class:
> {code}
> @WebService(targetNamespace = "http://finalist.nl/ai/", name = "ICamelCxfTestService")
> {code}
> and the definition of the service name in the WSDL:
> {code}
> <wsdl:service name="CamelCxfTestService">
> {code}



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

Mime
View raw message