camel-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Willem Jiang (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Comment Edited] (CAMEL-8346) JsonPathEngine skips file encoding
Date Sat, 28 Feb 2015 01:24:05 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-8346?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=14341104#comment-14341104
] 

Willem Jiang edited comment on CAMEL-8346 at 2/28/15 1:23 AM:
--------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Stefan,

I didn't use the git pull to merge the patch because your PR has the patch of CAMEL-8356,
I had apply the patch file myself. It looks like a git patch file issue, when I apply the
json file which I download from this JIRA, the test doesn't fail anymore. Please only send
one PR per one JIRA, if you have another patch you can create another branch for it.

I just tried to back port the patch into camel-2.14.x branch, but as you said it didn't work,
I have to leave the work here to cut the camel-2.14.2 now.

Regards,

Willem


was (Author: njiang):
Hi Stefan,

I didn't use the git pull to merge the patch because your PR has the patch of CAMEL-8356,
I had apply the patch file myself. It looks like a git patch file issue, when I apply the
json file which I download from this JIRA, the test doesn't fail anymore. Please only send
one PR per one JIRA, if you have another patch you can create another branch for it.

I will back port this issue into Camel 2.14.x branch and it just catch the release train of
Camel 2.14.2.

Regards,

Willem

> JsonPathEngine skips file encoding
> ----------------------------------
>
>                 Key: CAMEL-8346
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-8346
>             Project: Camel
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: camel-jsonpath
>    Affects Versions: 2.14.1, 2.15.0
>            Reporter: Stefan Mandel
>            Assignee: Willem Jiang
>             Fix For: 2.15.0
>
>         Attachments: JsonPathSourceTest.java, germanbooks-iso-8859-1.json, germanbooks-utf8.json
>
>
> This occurs if one uses the camel file component with a charset parameter, e.g. file:/url?charset=UTF-8.
It leads to strange effects:
> # testing the same utf8-file under linux (default encoding:UTF-8) and german windows
(default encoding:windows-1252) leads to problems with german umlauts.
> # using a file in another encoding than the default (ISO-8859-1 on linux) leads also
to problems with german umlauts.
> - Both problems can be reproduced with the attached unit test files in 2.14.1.
> - Problem 1 is hidden in 2.15-SNAPSHOT, because UTF-8 is hard-coded as file encoding
(maybe ok, since JSON is almost never used with language specific encondings), Problem 2 also
occurs in 2.15-SNAPSHOT
> I can provide or help with a fix (or pull request), if these problems are classified
as true defects.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

Mime
View raw message