camel-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "David Atkins (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (CAMEL-8181) Default SOAPMessage to String Converter does not handle Multiparts as expected
Date Sun, 28 Dec 2014 09:49:13 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-8181?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=14259605#comment-14259605
] 

David Atkins commented on CAMEL-8181:
-------------------------------------

Hi Willem,

I didn't realise camel would convert the SOAPPart directly, so that's good to know!

Although the current behaviour isn't what I would expect, auditing to a log file is definitely
a valid use case and changing this behaviour now would probably break backwards compatibility
for others. Also, the current behaviour is consistent with how MESSAGE mode behaves. Therefore,
i'm happy for this ticket to be rejected/won't fix. Also, this ticket's presence should help
people in the future who have this issue.

Can I propose that we add some text to the documentation? The "Attachment Support" section
doesn't currently mention CXF_MESSAGE mode. Could we maybe add the following?

"CXF_MESSAGE Mode: MTOM is supported, and Attachments can be retrieved by Camel Message APIs
mentioned above. Note that when receiving a multipart (i.e. MTOM) message the default SOAPMessage
to String converter will provide the complete multipart payload on the body. If you require
just the SOAP XML as a String, you can set the message body with message.getSOAPPart(), and
Camel convert can do the rest of work for you."

Thanks for your help,

David

> Default SOAPMessage to String Converter does not handle Multiparts as expected
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: CAMEL-8181
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-8181
>             Project: Camel
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: camel-cxf
>    Affects Versions: 2.14.1
>            Reporter: David Atkins
>            Assignee: Willem Jiang
>            Priority: Minor
>
> The default SOAPMessage to String converter in org.apache.camel.component.cxf.converter.CxfConverter
uses the SoapMessage#writeTo method to convert it to a String. But when receiving a multipart
(e.g. when using MTOM) this provides all of the message parts, instead of just the message
body as expected, resulting in something like the following appearing on the Exchange Body:
> {code}
> ------=_Part_0_715152323.1390739632718
> Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8
> <soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:rep="http://reportincident.example.camel.apache.org">
>    <soapenv:Header>
>    </soapenv:Header>
>    <soapenv:Body>
>       <rep:inputReportIncident>
>          <incidentId>?</incidentId>
>          <incidentDate>?</incidentDate>
>          <givenName>?</givenName>
>          <familyName>?</familyName>
>          <summary>?</summary>
>          <details>?</details>
>          <email>?</email>
>          <phone>?</phone>
>       </rep:inputReportIncident>
>    </soapenv:Body>
>    </soapenv:Envelope>
> ------=_Part_0_715152323.1390739632718
> Content-Type: application/octet-stream; name=error.log
> Content-Disposition: attachment; name="error.log"; filename="error.log"
> Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary
> Content-ID: <error.log>
> file content here
> {code}
> I can't think of a useful use case for having the message in this format, especially
as the attachments are correctly added to the Exchange's Attachment Map
> I believe the converter should only convert the initial Part to a String, rather than
the whole message. Something like this:
> {code}
> return XMLUtils.toString(new DOMSource(message.getSOAPPart()));
> {code}
> I'll try and find some time to create a patch next week
> Note that this is documented in the following Redhat support case : https://access.redhat.com/solutions/740703
from a customer support issue I raised a while back



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

Mime
View raw message