camel-dev mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject [HEADS UP] - Small optimisation in DefaultExchange
Date Fri, 26 May 2017 07:57:46 GMT
Hi

I have just pushed a commit that optimises DefaultExchange to use a
plain HashMap for storing exchange properties instead of ConcurrentMap

The latter was introduced 8 years ago to fix/workaround an issue with
the Threads EIP which we don't have today
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/activemq/camel/trunk/camel-core/src/main/java/org/apache/camel/impl/DefaultExchange.java?r1=679273&r2=679272&pathrev=679273

The plain HashMap should have smaller footprint and less object
allocation overhead. And the best place to optimise Camel is around
exchange/message/type converters/routing engine as they are used
during routing messages.

A full test has been done and it passed, but I just wanted this
heads-up in case a side-effect or something is around.

--
Claus Ibsen