camel-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ferraro <ni.ferr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: camel-infinispan : change the uri syntax from infinispan:hostName to infinispan:cacheName
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2017 09:12:40 GMT
+1
I've found local caches very useful in multiple scenarios.

OT:
I was also thinking to standardize caches in order to create a sort of
short-circuit mechanism, e.g. to avoid overloading external systems with
repeated queries. Something like...

```
from("xxx")
.cache().on("${header.yyy}").ttl(600000) // caches the body
  .to("http4://
a-service-that-makes-me-pay-for-each-request.com/api/expensive-endpoint")
  .transform().zzz()
  .to("http4://
or-a-service-that-i-can-call-few-times-a-day.com/api/limited-endpoint")
  .unmarshal()
.endCache()
```
But also to protect internal services when I'm using Camel e.g. as a
api-gateway (almost what hystrix does in case of failure of the target
host).