camel-dev mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [HEADS UP] - Component docs on github layout of tables
Date Sat, 18 Mar 2017 08:38:37 GMT
The main Camel website is wiki based and will eventually be
discounted/die, when we have a new website ready.

Component, eips (in progress), examples, and others are currently
generated and maintained as part of the source code and are up to date
with each release.

We may end up with a hybrid where you would look at both places for a
while until its all migrated to a new website system. Then you can
browse docs on a good looking website and on github as well.

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 6:31 PM, Paul Gale <paul.n.gale@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is the plan that the component list document on GH be auto-synchronized
> with the same found on the main Camel documentation web site?
>
> http://camel.apache.org/components.html
>
> Thanks,
> Paul
>
> On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 12:28 PM, Claus Ibsen <claus.ibsen@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I have experimented with the component docs so they appear better on
>> github when you browse the docs there. A lot of users use github and
>> its awesome with doc + source code at your finger tips. And we dont
>> yet generate a nice new website.
>>
>> Anyway so I wanted to get the tables re-ordered so you can read the
>> description of the options without having to side scroll to far right,
>> which then hides the option name and vise-versa. There is some weird
>> hack you can do on github to make it wider, but people generally dont
>> use that - use it as-is.
>>
>> So I adjusted the generated documentation tables, and did some commits
>> as the preview I have dont render on github, and if you preview on
>> github it some times says it cannot render.
>>
>> I should have used a separate branch from the beginning, and then when
>> I created a branch doc-table it took hours before it showed up on
>> github.
>>
>> However I just pushed a good layout on master.
>>
>> We could consider swapping the description and default columns, but now its
>>
>> Name     Description    Default     Type
>>

>> --
>> Claus Ibsen
>> http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Claus Ibsen