camel-dev mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject [HEADS UP] - Deprecate stuff on Apache Camel 2.x
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2017 08:33:05 GMT

As part of CAMEL-10735:

We are deprecating code on 2.x that we anticipate to be removed in
Camel 3.0 onwards.
We have marked code as deprecated over the years, but recently got
more aggressive and deprecated more in camel-core.

We have also marked components and other artifacts as deprecated,
which you can see in the overview on the readme file in github

We have also decided to deprecate the Scala and Groovy DSL which will
be moved to camel-extra as their new home. Ticket about this:

For example camel-script allows to run python, php and some other
"exotic" languages. However these can be used as security attack
vectors when these libraries have issues. And because they are very
seldom used, we could maybe deprecate some of these languages and then
allow using javaScript (nashhorn from JDK) which should offer
sufficient scripting languge. And there is always groovy as well.

We also think about deprecating components that wont support Java 9 or
are tricky to support there, for example jibx have some issues.

There are potential more to be deprecated, so we welcome any feedback
from the community.

Claus Ibsen
Camel in Action 2:

View raw message