camel-dev mailing list archives

From "markus.dahm@akquinet.de" <markus.d...@akquinet.de>
Subject Re: Bug in RAW URI encoding of endpoint
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2017 07:44:51 GMT
Hi Claus,

thank you for your quick reply!
I will try to refactor the code. It'll make things a little more
complicated...

However, the documentation

http://camel.apache.org/how-do-i-configure-endpoints.html
<http://camel.apache.org/how-do-i-configure-endpoints.html>

says

"Configuring parameter values using raw values, *eg such as* passwords"

and thus suggests that RAW() can be used anywhere in the URI.
And in my opinion it should also be implemented that way. I.e., there is no
reason to restrict the use of RAW() to passwords.

Secondly, the bug applies for passwords, too. I just tried with a password
containing a space and that causes the same escaping behaviour...
Looking at the implementation of RAW the reason is obvious. It uses a
regular expression to handle RAW()
and that is applied twice...

Just a suggestion:
May be URIs should not be handled as plain strings internally, but be parsed
into some AST. That might
make many other things such as "functions" possible...
But that's probably beyond the scope of the current problem :-)

Cheers
    Markus