camel-dev mailing list archives

From sutoa <tong...@hotmail.com>
Subject Sjms batch consumer
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2017 22:59:23 GMT
Hi,
I'm trying to use Camel SJMS to batch process messages from IBM MQ.
As a first step, I am using activeMQ.
My goal is to batch read a chunk of messages from JMS, do some processing
and insert them to a database. From reading some old posts, I am doing the
following.
from("sjms:myq?transacted=true&trasactionBatchCount=1000").process(myProcessor)

My processor gets exchanges at the single message level instead of 1000
messages in one go. This is consistent with what i read. My question is that
how does SJMS coordinate the transaction management between Q and db? i
didn't add any Transaction Manager in the camel context. Will all my db
inserts be bundled into one batch commit?
When I worked on some other project in Spring Integration, I used to have to
provide a transaction manager to the app context to be shared by the JMS
message listener and the database datasource.

Thanks,
Tong