camel-dev mailing list archives

From Tomohisa Igarashi <>
Subject Pipeline for single processor - any side effect?
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2017 14:41:07 GMT

I noticed that if eventDrivenProcessors contains only one processor, IN message is not copied
to OUT even when exchange pattern is InOut while it does if it contains multiple processors.

eventDrivenProcessors are wrapped with Pipeline here when initiating a camel route here:

But if there's only one event driven processor, the processor itself is used instead of wrapping
with Pipeline:

Pipeline copies the IN message to OUT if it's InOut and OUT message doesn't exist:

So the IN->OUT copy happens only if multiple processors exist. It means that whether the
response message is returned as OUT or IN depends on if the route results in single processor
or not. I think it looks a bit confusing and wondering if we can just wrap it with the Pipleline
even if there's single processor. Is there any undesirable side effect to doing that?

View raw message