camel-dev mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Move of camel-activemq to camel project
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2017 10:39:51 GMT
Hi Christian

I think it is okay for moving the activemq-camel to Camel and only
include the pieces that is the JMS component. eg so its a tiny wrapper
on top of camel-jms that is optimized for AcitveMQ which is what
people are using.

The current code in activemq-camel has some old code that are not in
use which can be dropped.

The broker piece can then be deprecated on AMQ side and then
eventually dropped. As you say people can find other ways move
messages in the AMQ broker if they desire.

I suggest to log JIRAs at both AMQ and Camel and link them to each other.

--
Claus Ibsen