camel-dev mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject The all seeing camel-catalog
Date Sat, 04 Feb 2017 08:51:36 GMT
Hi

Just wanted to share that we now include every Camel artifact in the
camel-catalog.
What was missing was the other/misc components which is now also included.

So the tables you see at is 100% generated from the catalog
https://github.com/apache/camel/tree/master/components#components

Likewise it keeps the TOC for the (future) website up to date as well et all.

The build is also able to detect if we have missing documentation for
any of these artifacts, and we can therefore better ensure we have
documentation for all of it. And we can keep that documentation with
the source code in the artifact.

That documentation is also included in the catalog, which allows
tooling to access that as well.

The catalog also allows to use runtime providers so you can filter out
what that given runtime supports. For example the karaf runtime
provider will only shown/include what you can use on karaf. Ditto for
spring-boot etc.

And the catalog has a rest api which we could potentially use to build
an interactive website.
https://github.com/apache/camel/tree/master/platforms/catalog-rest-app

--
Claus Ibsen