camel-dev mailing list archives

From Francis Vila <>
Subject Re: Time for an overhaul of the patterns symbols?
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2016 10:26:59 GMT
Hi Tadayoshi,

Thanks for your feedback.
Maybe I was hasty in implying there might be differences in style. Looking
again I see the logic to the different forms in the patterns. Initially I
saw differences in line widths and colors, differences in types of coloring
(gradient vs flat, border vs no border, shadow vs no shadow), but these
differences do seem to be justified by the semantics of the icons.

What I really meant is that they look dated now in 2016. That's inevitable
because people's expectations change very fast. For a technology that has
such a future ahead of it, I think some investment in image is worthwhile.

I looked for some sites offering icon sets : or search for icons on  Google
(the icon sets appear black, but people using them can change their color)

Most sets use either flat areas (no borders, single color) or lines with
uniform width (giving the "twisted paperclip" feel). When gradients or
shadows are used (mostly they are not), they are used uniformly throughout
the icon set. Some sets are colorful or festive, but they mostly refer to
Christmas or the like.