camel-dev mailing list archives

From Luca Burgazzoli <lburgazz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Enhance ObjectHelper's after/before/between
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2016 12:35:24 GMT
An option would be to move before/after/between in StringHelper and
wrapping them in ObjectHelper with @Deprecated annotation, the
proposed new methods should go straight to StringHelper.

---
Luca Burgazzoli

On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 2:25 PM, Antonin Stefanutti
<antonin@stefanutti.fr> wrote:
> Hi Luca,
>
> Make sense to me. As I refactored Camel CDI with Java 8 in Camel 2.18.0, I found using
Optional as return type of internal util methods quite useful in term of client conciseness
/ readability compared to null handling.

> I’m wondering whether that should be added to StringHelper instead of ObjectHelper
though the existing methods are in the later so probably a trade-off between consistency /
locality and relevancy.