camel-dev mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] HTTP session handling in Camel routes
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2016 08:08:20 GMT
Hi

I dont think cookie belongs in camel-core, and a better place is
likely something like camel-http-common.

And there are other http client components such as camel-nett4-http,
camel-jetty, camel-undertow as well. And then for REST based there is
camel-restlet and maybe camel-spark-rest.
And for WS there is also camel-spring-ws.

So if anything like cookie is attempted to be something that is a
cross functionality in http components then you would need to
implement this in more of them, and not only a limited set.

On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 7:24 AM, Siano, Stephan <stephan.siano@sap.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have not received any feedback so far, so I assume that there is at least nobody strongly
against this feature. Maybe I can sketch what I would like to implement and ask some questions
about implementation details.

> I would create an interface (CamelCookieHandler and two implementation classes InstanceCookieHandler
and ExchangeCookieHandler. The former keeps the cookie store with its instance, the latter
stores them with the Exchange.

> Furthermore I would extend some HTTP based producer endpoints with a parameter allowing
to set one of these cookie handlers.

> Questions:
> 1. The interface goes to package org.apache.camel. Where do the implementation classes
go? org.apache.camel.impl? Someone building a Camel route is supposed to instantiate these
classes.
> 2. Where do I document the general concept behind this? It's obviously cross component,
so adding it to the component documentation does not make too much sense. Is the Javadoc for
the interface and the implementation classes sufficient or should I add a Wiki page somewhere
else?
> 3. I would add support for this to the camel-ahc, camel-cxf, and camel-http4 component.
Is the camel-http component still alive? Does it make sense to add it to other components
I overlooked?

--
Claus Ibsen