camel-dev mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject Re: Are there plans for an artemis-camel component?
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2016 15:09:02 GMT
No there is no such plan.

JMS is the best way to integrate Camel and Artemis or ActiveMQ.
You can also use AMQP or MQTT which they also support. But for Java
messaging then JMS is recommended.

activemq-camel is based on top of camel-jms but is just pre-configured
for ActiveMQ.

On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 5:05 PM, Quinn Stevenson
<> wrote:
> I posted this question on the ActiveMQ dev list, but I thought I’d ask the Camel community
as well.
> I’d like to be able to use Artemis from Camel without using JMS - just interact with
the Artemis server via the core api.  ActiveMQ has a activemq-camel component - are there
any plans for a similar component for Artemis?
> I know I can use camel-jms to interact with an Artemis broker using the JMS paradigm,
but the core Artemis functionality meets my requirements and I think it would be nice to be
able to use the core Artemis server.
> Thoughts?

Claus Ibsen
Camel in Action 2: