camel-dev mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.18.0
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2016 11:39:09 GMT

I am traveling all week and wont have much chance to test this until
sunday when I am back.

However it would be good if anyone had the time to test the RC with
the Camel in Action 2 source code:

You would need to update the Camel version in the pom.xml, and also we
have 2.18.0-SNAPSHOT in some places where we cover new stuff. So they
all need updated. A PR is welcome.

And then you can do a

   mvn clean install

And have patience as some of the tests are running for minutes as they
were intended as interactive with the reader. But they timeout after a
while. So just run the tests while you do other work.

To make it easy to test a RC then you can have a maven profile named
staging in the .m2/settings,xml, that adds the repository for the RC
jars. I have copied it below (last
time I tested AMQ)

And then you enable the profile, eg

    mvn clean install -Pstaging

On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 10:54 AM, Gregor Zurowski
<> wrote:
> Hi Everyone:
> This is a vote to release Apache Camel 2.18.0, the first release that
> requires Java 8, comes with a much-improved Spring Boot support, and
> ships with numerous new features and improvements. (For further
> details please see
> Release notes:
> Staging repository:
> Tarballs:
> Tag:;a=tag;h=e278cf0a1fe689d43e913009e88688c591e291b2
> Please test this release candidate and cast your vote.
> The vote is open for at least 72 hours.  Due to the bigger changes
> introduced with this release, it would be beneficial if we could get
> as many Camel riders involved in testing this RC as possible.
> Thanks,
> Gregor

Claus Ibsen
Camel in Action 2: