camel-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Cosentino <ancosen1...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: gitbook based doc generation
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2016 13:44:52 GMT
Yeah! Thanks!
 --
Andrea Cosentino
----------------------------------
Apache Camel PMC Member
Apache Karaf Committer
Apache Servicemix Committer
Email: ancosen1985@yahoo.com
Twitter: @oscerd2
Github: oscerd

On Thursday, June 9, 2016 3:43 PM, Claus Ibsen <claus.ibsen@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi

I added so the tool will skip some modules in that check
https://github.com/apache/camel/commit/9491da8f393fa95fb33cf3afcb65dab88be63f86

We can add to that list later if we find out some more do not need adoc files.

On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 3:25 PM, Andrea Cosentino
<ancosen1985@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
> Yeah, sorry my mistake. I always forge to clean up :-)
>
> New list
>
> [WARNING]       Missing document detected: 28
> [WARNING]               camel-atmos
> [WARNING]               camel-cm-sms
> [WARNING]               camel-coap
> [WARNING]               camel-context
> [WARNING]               camel-core-osgi
> [WARNING]               camel-core-xml
> [WARNING]               camel-cxf-transport
> [WARNING]               camel-ehcache
> [WARNING]               camel-ejb
> [WARNING]               camel-gson
> [WARNING]               camel-http-common
> [WARNING]               camel-hystrix
> [WARNING]               camel-ignite
> [WARNING]               camel-jackson
> [WARNING]               camel-jacksonxml
> [WARNING]               camel-jetty
> [WARNING]               camel-jetty-common
> [WARNING]               camel-linkedin
> [WARNING]               camel-olingo2
> [WARNING]               camel-ribbon
> [WARNING]               camel-salesforce
> [WARNING]               camel-spring-boot-starter
> [WARNING]               camel-spring-dm
> [WARNING]               camel-tarfile
> [WARNING]               camel-test-karaf
> [WARNING]               camel-test-spring
> [WARNING]               camel-testng
> [WARNING]               camel-zipkin-starter
>

>  --
> Andrea Cosentino
> ----------------------------------
> Apache Camel PMC Member
> Apache Karaf Committer
> Apache Servicemix Committer
> Email: ancosen1985@yahoo.com
> Twitter: @oscerd2
> Github: oscerd
>

> On Thursday, June 9, 2016 3:22 PM, Claus Ibsen <claus.ibsen@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Great to hear we are so far away already.
>
> For that list there is some false alarms we can turn off, such as some
> of those test modules etc.
> Also the list seems to look in dirs that has been removed.
>
> You can try run
>
> git clean -d -f
>

> On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 2:33 PM, Andrea Cosentino
> <ancosen1985@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
>> Currently I've migrated the biggest part of components from confluence to Asciidoc.
>>
>> Maybe there are still asciidoc file that don't have the placeholder for automatic
generation of docs. If you find them, please commit the change and re-generate documentation.

>> Using the catalog maven plugin I have the following list of missing docs for components:
>>
>> [WARNING]       Missing document detected: 35
>> [WARNING]               camel-atmos
>> [WARNING]               camel-cm-sms
>> [WARNING]               camel-coap
>> [WARNING]               camel-context
>> [WARNING]               camel-core-osgi
>> [WARNING]               camel-core-xml
>> [WARNING]               camel-cxf-transport
>> [WARNING]               camel-ehcache
>> [WARNING]               camel-ejb
>> [WARNING]               camel-gae
>> [WARNING]               camel-gson
>> [WARNING]               camel-http-common
>> [WARNING]               camel-hystrix
>> [WARNING]               camel-ignite
>> [WARNING]               camel-jackson
>> [WARNING]               camel-jacksonxml
>> [WARNING]               camel-jetty
>> [WARNING]               camel-jetty-common
>> [WARNING]               camel-jetty8
>> [WARNING]               camel-linkedin
>> [WARNING]               camel-olingo2
>> [WARNING]               camel-ribbon
>> [WARNING]               camel-salesforce
>> [WARNING]               camel-spring-boot-starter
>> [WARNING]               camel-spring-dm
>> [WARNING]               camel-tarfile
>> [WARNING]               camel-test-karaf
>> [WARNING]               camel-test-spring
>> [WARNING]               camel-test-spring3
>> [WARNING]               camel-test-spring40
>> [WARNING]               camel-testng
>> [WARNING]               camel-web
>> [WARNING]               camel-web-standalone
>> [WARNING]               camel-zipkin-starter
>>

>> Salesforce and Linkedin are splitted in two different projects API and component,
maybe that's why we get them in the list.

>> Anyway we are in a good situation now. Still need to move the camel-core components
asciidoc.

>> If you have time, you can add the asciidoc related to this list.
>>
>>  --
>> Andrea Cosentino
>> ----------------------------------
>> Apache Camel PMC Member
>> Apache Karaf Committer
>> Apache Servicemix Committer
>> Email: ancosen1985@yahoo.com
>> Twitter: @oscerd2
>> Github: oscerd
>>

>> On Wednesday, January 27, 2016 4:35 PM, Claus Ibsen <claus.ibsen@gmail.com>
wrote:
>> On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 4:10 PM, Antonin Stefanutti
>> <antonin@stefanutti.fr> wrote:
>>> I’ve just tried it successfully for the Twitter component (both component and
endpoint options).

>>> That’d be nice to have the ability to style the description. For example {@code
TwitterComponent} from the Javadoc would render as an inline code block in the description
column.

>> Yeah such minor improvements could be good to write down. So I logged
>> a ticket where we can add the good ideas
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-9541
>>

>>> Antonin

we can add comments everywhere :-)

able to categorise the options. Obvious categories would be 'consumer' and 'producer' though
for components like Metrics, some options are only applicable to a certain URI remaining that
are component specific. So maybe an idea would be able to add categories/tags to option metadata
and be able to use them in documentation sections like:

not help conciseness and readability so probably better refactoring it into a single table.

Asciidoc and the integration of this in the full build process! :-)

I would love to see happen.

components "self

based tool chain to
seems kinda cool.  I know