camel-dev mailing list archives

From Arnaud Deprez <>
Subject Restriction in RestConfiguration with blueprint
Date Wed, 11 May 2016 21:48:27 GMT
Hi riders,

In camel 2.16.X, I was able to use configure a RestConfiguration in
blueprint with property placeholder as bellow:

<camelContext id="rest-api" allowUseOriginalMessage="false" xmlns="">
    <restConfiguration component="{{}}"
port="{{}}" contextPath="{{}}"/>

But since camel 2.16.3 and also in camel 2.17.X and 2.18-SNAPSHOT, it
doesn't work anymore, it is actually unable to resolve the property
placeholder and says that ie. camel can't found a RestConsumerFactory
in the registry.

I think it's related to the fix bring with issue:

So, according to me, here:
at line 996, I think, we should have something like:
String component = CamelContextHelper.parseText(camelContext,
instead of
String component = ccfb.getRestConfiguration().getComponent();

Apparently, I can't create a jira issue (can't actually select the Camel
I didn't have time to test it yet, but I'll try to do it soon when I have.

I might also be wrong so please don't hesitate to correct me if I am or
give me some advice if needed.

Arnaud Deprez
Software Engineer
Phone: +32 497 23 30 44