camel-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Pavlovich <mattr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] - Thoughts on Apache Camel 2.18 and towards 3.0
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2016 15:44:02 GMT
On 3/23/16 5:07 AM, Claus Ibsen wrote:
> j)
> Split camel-cxf into modules so we can separate WS and RS and also
> spring vs blueprint. Today its big ball of dependencies that is a bit
> hard to slice and dice. Specially for MSA style with REST and you dont
> want to add in a bunch of extra not needed JARs.
+1
> l)
> Timeline. This release do not need to have 6-8 months timeframe. We
> could try to get this "stepping stone" release done sooner, so it can
> be released during/shortly after summer.
I think this is a great idea. OSS projects can get bogged down with
ambitious "let's fix everything" goals.
The goals laid out here would setup a great foundation for 3.x to have a
nice run and plenty of room to add sugar.

> And doing such a release with a rewamped website with fresh looking
> documentation and content, is what helps the project a lot.
>
> The current website looks the same as it did when it was created:
> https://web.archive.org/web/20070701184530/http://activemq.apache.org/camel/
I thought the Karaf guys did a nice job on the website re-work. Is there
a new base framework for all Apache projects, or are we at ground zero
on this?

> PS: We surely also need a better "what is Camel" story on the front
> page. Its still that very first one with all the tech jumble that was
> initially created.
I'm up for helping-- will ping jkorab to coordinate.

> PPS: I would also love to see a new Camel logo. The current one is a
> bit dull and boring.
+1

-Matt