camel-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Gebhardt <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] - Thoughts on Apache Camel 2.18 and towards 3.0
Date Sun, 03 Apr 2016 19:16:17 GMT
> Yeah sure we love contributions.

Awesome - I create a 'Wish' issue on JIRA (CAMEL-9799) to be transparency.

There are two implementations mentioned on JSON Schema [1],
'json-schema-validator' [2] which is created by (one of) the authors of
JSON Schema and 'json-schema' [3].
   Both seems to be compatible with the Apache 2 license. Are there any
thoughts to use either [2] or [3] or should there be a extra layer to
choose by ourself?

> Just wonder if swagger can be used instead of raml? swagger is much
> more popular.
> Swagger is now run under an independt organization

You are absolutely right.

We started with Swagger and run into trouble with the annotation based
documentation. The API exposes and consumes resources as JSON. There is
a check/validation process of incoming JSON resources against the
appropriate JSON Schema so we we can rely on mandatory fields without
testing each time. With RAML we can use these schemas without any
adoption. Also the 'Consumer Driven Contracts' [4] pattern goes smoothly
hand-in-hand with support by other 3rd party tools.

View raw message