camel-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Cosentino <>
Subject Re: Asciidoc(tor) documentation
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2016 08:56:32 GMT
Hi Thomas,

I guess we should put a message like "do not edit in confluence" when migration will be finished.
For the moment we need to upgrade both side in my opinion. Same for the links.

In camel-website there are all the .adoc outside of components stuff.

For the moment the plan is to migrating all the stuff we have exported with the cxf-web project
hacked by Hiram into .adoc files inside the single components folder.

When this process will be completed, we will improve the docs updating automation and maybe
we will split documentation in subfolders as Claus was saying in the main thread (component,
dataformat, language etc.).

In my opinion, actually, the priority is completing the components migration to .adoc, then
we will refine the gitbook index, add all other stuff and start hacking the CSS (for example
with scrollable tables).

Andrea Cosentino
Apache Camel PMC Member
Apache Karaf Committer
Apache Servicemix Committer
Twitter: @oscerd2
Github: oscerd

On Friday, April 22, 2016 10:22 AM, "Walzer, Thomas" <>

Shouldn't we put some warning on every component's page "do not edit in confluence"? Or on
every page that is already migrated?
Right now I find it hard to get a status on what is already migrated (except components).

Shouldn't the component pages in confluence link to the new ones?
Some things are in docs/user-manual. I assume the non-component docs. But this seems to be
only a portion.
Some things are in camel-core/src/main/docs. I assume the components that are in camel-core.
What's in the directory camel-website?
Is there a plan?

Cheers, Thomas.