camel-dev mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject Re: DataSet Consumer expected message count - proposed change
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2016 09:29:44 GMT

Yeah sure. Maybe have some option on dataset you can use to turn this
on|off so the old behavior can be the default still.

On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 9:50 PM, Quinn Stevenson
<> wrote:
> I would like to propose changing the current behavior of the DataSet component such that
the expected message count defaults to zero for DataSets used as a source (i.e. DataSetConsumers).
> The reasoning behind this is as follows.
> I use the DataSet component for simple load testing.  When I use a DataSet as a source
(i.e. from(“dataset://my-dataset <dataset://my-dataset>”) ), the assertMockEndpointsSatisfied()
always fails because the expectedMessageSize is set to the size of the DataSet.  I either
have to explicitly set the expected message count on the endpoint to zero ( getMockEndpoint(
“dataset://my-dataset <dataset://my-dataset>”).expectedMessageCount( 0 ), or I have
to assert all of the other mock endpoints individually (i.e not use assertMockEndpointsSatisfied()
> I rarely use the same dataset as both a source (i.e. from(“dataset://…”) ) and
a target (i.e. to( “dataset://…”) ), so this behavior doesn’t make much sense to me.
 Additionally, I can’t use the same DataSet as the source and target when the source message
count would be different than the target message count - which would be the case for a route
that does some simple filtering, and all I want to assert is the correct number of messages
came through.
> I’ve figured out a way to do this, and I’d like to create a JIRA task and a pull
request for this if it sounds like an acceptable change.

Claus Ibsen
Camel in Action 2:

View raw message