camel-dev mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Karma request
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2016 08:32:16 GMT
Hi Thomas

Just a heads up that if you find spelling mistakes and other
corrections to the Camel components, then correcting in wiki becomes
obsolete.

We keep the documentation in the source code in the javadoc for the
setter methods on the component and endpoint classes.

We use this to generate and keep documentation up to date. Though this
is not yet complete and work in progress. But eventually the Camel
documentation on the website will be generated from this that ensures
the doc is always up to date with the actual source code.

So you may want to submit PRs to fix those docs in the source code as well.

You can see the generated docs in some of the components such as
https://github.com/apache/camel/blob/master/components/camel-ahc/src/main/docs/ahc.adoc

eg the components that have a ascii doc file.

So if you look in that adoc file you can see

// endpoint options: START
// endpoint options: END

then when building the source code, then the options within that
comment section is generated from the source code. So just change the
docs in the source and the adoc is updated.

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 1:50 PM, Walzer, Thomas
<thomas.walzer@integratix.net> wrote:
> May I kindly ask for Karma on the wiki?
> I am sorry, I am not really sure how the process is supposed to work. My ICLA is on file.
However I have no username (twalzer would be my preferred username, I stated that on the ICLA).

--
Claus Ibsen