camel-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Move to java 8 for 2.17?
Date Thu, 28 Jan 2016 14:35:43 GMT

For master (targeting 2.17), I see we’re still setup for Java7.    Would it make sense to
move to requiring Java8?  We can certainly start taking advantage of the new things in Java8,
but there are also dependencies (like Jetty) that now require Java8 and more and more of them
will be requiring that.  (example:  CXF 3.2 will be Java8 only as well)

It sometimes makes back merging fixes to 2.16/2.15 tricky if you use Java8 features, but that’s
going to be a problem eventually anyway.

Thoughts?

--
Daniel Kulp