camel-dev mailing list archives

From Quinn Stevenson <qu...@pronoia-solutions.com>
Subject Re: Potential Bug in CamelBlueprintTestSupport
Date Fri, 15 Jan 2016 16:16:00 GMT
Hi Grzegorz -

Sorry I missed you on the IRC - I left my client open last night.

I put the project I’m using on GitHub https://github.com/hqstevenson/camel-blueprint-test-properties.git
<https://github.com/hqstevenson/camel-blueprint-test-properties.git>

The results for me are indeterminate - I have had the simple test pass almost as much as it
fails, but I still get somewhat random failures.  The one thing that is very consistent is
the number of times the camel context is created.  When the blueprint file is in src/test/resources/…
it gets created twice, but when the blueprint file is in src/main/resources/…. I’ve seen
the camel context created up to 30 times - the exact number varies, but it’s always more
than 2.

Here’s a snipped from the log the last time I ran this and the test passed.

[                          main] BlueprintCamelContext          INFO  Apache Camel 2.17-SNAPSHOT
(CamelContext: camel-27) is shutdown in 0.001 seconds
[                          main] BlueprintExtender              INFO  Destroying BlueprintContainer
for bundle ConfigAdminLoadConfigurationFileAndOverrideTest/1.0.0

Quinn Stevenson
quinn@pronoia-solutions.com
(801) 244-7758

> On Jan 15, 2016, at 3:23 AM, Grzegorz Grzybek <gr.grzybek@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Quinn
>
> Hmm... I've run `for n in `seq 1 30`; do echo $n; mvn test
> -Dtest=ConfigAdminLoadConfigurationFileAndOverrideTest|grep BUILD;
> done` after moving `configadmin-loadfileoverride.xml` from
> src/test/resources to src/main/resources and everything is fine.
>
> Are you doing it in your own project? Maybe you've set maven filtering
> on src/main/resources?
>
> regards
> Grzegorz

>> Hello Quinn
>>
>> Excuse me that I've missed your emails - your findings are interesting
>> - I'll try to test your scenarios tomorrow (Friday) morning CET. ok?
>>
>> regards
>> Grzegorz

>>> Hi Grzegorz -
>>>
>>> So is this a bug?  It seems like it is to me, but I don’t want to waste anybody’s
time with the JIRA if it isn’t and I’m just doing something stupid.

>>> Quinn Stevenson

the POM in the unit test with the results.

http://aries.apache.org/schemas/blueprint-cm/blueprint-cm-1.1.0.xsd <http://aries.apache.org/schemas/blueprint-cm/blueprint-cm-1.1.0.xsd>
http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/blueprint/v1.0.0/blueprint.xsd <http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/blueprint/v1.0.0/blueprint.xsd>">

throws Exception {

<mailto:quinn@pronoia-solutions.com>> wrote:

> [...]
very helpful.  From what I understand, this should work - the location of the blueprint file
shouldn’t effect the way the test runs, should it?  Maybe I’m missing something simple.

I didn’t think about the mailing list filtering out attachments.  You can get to the test
here https://github.com/hqstevenson/camel-blueprint-test-properties.git <https://github.com/hqstevenson/camel-blueprint-test-properties.git>

against several versions.  The POM for the unit test has the versions listed that I tested,
but I was messing with the test a little so I’m not sure the list is completely accurate.
 I’ll verify those and update the POM if needed.

<mailto:gr.grzybek@gmail.com>> wrote:

<http://ggrzybek.blogspot.com/2015/12/camel-blueprint-test-support.html>

for bundles where the blueprint file is in src/main/resources/OSGI-INF/blueprint.  However,
I’m getting random failures in the test on startup.

and overriding properties in the test.  The tests fail (most of the time) when the actual
blueprint file is in src/main/resources/OSGI-INF/blueprint.  Even when the test doesn’t
fail, you’ll see multiple camel contexts get created during the test, while the test this
is based on from camel-test-blueprint only creates two camel contexts.

I can’t move the blueprint file to the src/test/… area.

from the camel-test-blueprint module that demonstrates the issue.