camel-dev mailing list archives

From "Siano, Stephan" <stephan.si...@sap.com>
Subject data format for MIME-Multipart
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2015 13:51:13 GMT
Hi,

I have written a data format that can convert a Camel message with attachments into a Camel
message having a MIME-Multipart message as message body (and no attachments). The use case
for this is to enable the user to send attachments over endpoints that do not directly support
attachments, either as special protocol implementation (e.g. send a MIME-multipart over an
HTTP endpoint) or as a kind of tunneling solution (e.g. because camel-jms does not support
attachments but by marshalling the message with attachments into a MIME-Multipart, sending
that to a JMS queue, Receiving the message from the JMS queue and unmarshalling it again (into
a message body with attachments).

Do you think this data format is worth contributing?

I would propose to contribute it to camel-mail even though it is not exactly mail related.
However I use javamail as a dependency, so the data format shares all dependencies with the
camel-mail component. Do you think this is ok, or should I create a new component for it?

Best regards
Stephan