camel-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <>
Subject Re: CXF - too many dependencies
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2015 16:08:57 GMT
We've discussed this issue recently where we showed that in CXF 3.1.x a
number of dependencies for a given CXF frontend has been dramatically

So first try to move to Camel which uses CXF 3.1.x - Camel 2.16.0 to be
released soon for example.

As far as camel-cxf is concerned it is indeed has a modularity  issue of
its own - CXF JAX-RS was piggy-backed on top of CXF JAX-WS there which
adds a certain dependency overhead - which can still be easily managed
by explicitly excluding either of the frontends if needed.
Camel JIRA issue exists for getting camel-cxf split and have a new
camel-cxfrs module introduced - it will be addressed at some point