camel-dev mailing list archives

From smalik <sarfraz.ma...@rabobank.com>
Subject CXF - too many dependencies
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2015 15:19:25 GMT
Hi, I'm working on a Java application doing various integration work using
Camel.

I now need to send a POJO to an external running web service for the first
time.
So this should be simple, I simply need to have a producer endpoint using
CXF.

However, the number of dependencies required by the CXF component is huge
(having a look in camel-cxf project, its around 100 jars). This is going to
be tricky, as my application is a legacy one that is non-Maven, non-Spring,
so I don't really want to have to pull in all these jars just for a simple
POJO webservice call.

Have I got something wrong, is cxf really so large? I looked here for its
minimum dependencies
(http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/trunk/distribution/src/main/release/lib/WHICH_JARS)
but its not really clear to me what the critical jars are for my purpose.

Any advice here appreciated.

thanks