camel-dev mailing list archives

From Franz Paul Forsthofer <>
Subject Concerning Encoding Problems in JSONPath
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2015 10:19:36 GMT

I made a suggestion to overcome some charset encoding problems in the
jsonpath component.
See idea is to
automatically determine the encoding if the json document has a
unicode encoding (UTF8, UTF-16LE, UTF-16BE,UTF-32BE, UTF-32LE). This
is done according to the specification given in RFC 4627. However, if
the encoding is not a unicode encoding, then the encoding cannot be
determined. In order also to cover the non-unicode case, I introduced
a camel header where the user can set the encoding.

So the logic is that if the camel header is set the encoding from the
header is used. If the header is not set then the automatic
determination will be executed. If the automatic determination cannot
find an encoding UTF-8 is used.

If nobody has objections against this procedure, I will check-in this

Regards Franz

View raw message