camel-dev mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: camel-flatpack license issue....
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2015 13:03:11 GMT
On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 2:23 PM, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:

>> On Jul 29, 2015, at 6:44 AM, Claus Ibsen <claus.ibsen@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Why cant the SMX team release a fixed bundle in a fast time?  Then
>> that can easily make it for upcoming Camel releases.
>
> Don’t know.  Would need to check.
>
> Another option is to drop to Flatpack 3.2 as there are smx bundles for that already.

Yeah 3.2 sounds like a good fallback.

But ideally if the SMX team could get a new bundle release out would
be better. There is likely also other bundles in that release we could
upgrade and need in 2.16 and a 2.15.x patch release.

> Dan
>

>> On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 8:03 PM, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:
>>> camel-flatpack currently pulls in jexcelapi.   Unfortunately, that library is
LGPL and thus is not something we can have as part of out default builds of components and
stuff.   I’ve excluded that dep in the pom and all of our tests pass.  However, the flatpack
bundle lists those imports as required which will prevent it from being installed in OSGi
without the LGPL dependency.

>>> What I’d like to do:
>>> 1) Remove the jexcelapi dep from the pom.   Our usage doesn’t need it.
>>>
>>> 2) Remove camel-flatpack from the features.xml.    It’s not going to work in
OSGi without that dep.

>>> Longer term, we may be able to create a new servicemix bundle for flatpack that
marks those imports as optional, but I’d like to make sure this is fixed ASAP (particularly
before 2.15.3).

>>> Thoughts?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Daniel Kulp