camel-dev mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Camel 2.15.3 release
Date Thu, 16 Jul 2015 15:23:41 GMT
On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 4:55 PM, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:
> Out of curiosity, what would the docker image buy us?
>
> Really “mvn release:prepare; mvn release:perform” is not that hard.  I think the
only complexity would be the gpg setup, but that’s likely really just an issue for Windows
folks, and I’m not sure how that would work with a docker image either since you certainly
would NOT want any private keys burned into a docker image.

You can mount that to your host os volume so you can keep the private
keys outside the docker image.

> Dan
>

>> On Jul 16, 2015, at 5:11 AM, Claus Ibsen <claus.ibsen@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> A while back Henryk talked about building some kind of docker image we
>> could use for doing releases. I like that idea so its pre-setup and
>> would be easier for other people to do releases.
>>
>> I have been contacted by a person on email who wanted to help with
>> releases. However has he is not a committer on Camel - I realized that
>> this is not possible.
>>
>> A bit shame as other more modern projects have a much easier way of
>> doing releases - with even a CI server setup that makes this possible
>> with a few clicks. And the benefit is that the release is build from a
>> trusted source and not on different peoples computers. We are not
>> there at ASF so have to settle for the old school we got. But a docker
>> image would be a step forward.
>>

>> On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 5:32 PM, Claus Ibsen <claus.ibsen@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> We are getting towards 2 months since last release and we have a great
>>> bunch of fixes. Wonder if there is anyone who are bored in the summer
>>> vacation and wanna help cut a release?
>>>

>>> --
>>> Claus Ibsen
>>> -----------------