camel-dev mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject Re: camel-flatpack license issue....
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2015 10:44:36 GMT
Why cant the SMX team release a fixed bundle in a fast time?  Then
that can easily make it for upcoming Camel releases.

On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 8:03 PM, Daniel Kulp <> wrote:
> camel-flatpack currently pulls in jexcelapi.   Unfortunately, that library is LGPL and
thus is not something we can have as part of out default builds of components and stuff.
 I’ve excluded that dep in the pom and all of our tests pass.  However, the flatpack bundle
lists those imports as required which will prevent it from being installed in OSGi without
the LGPL dependency.
> What I’d like to do:
> 1) Remove the jexcelapi dep from the pom.   Our usage doesn’t need it.
> 2) Remove camel-flatpack from the features.xml.    It’s not going to work in OSGi without
that dep.
> Longer term, we may be able to create a new servicemix bundle for flatpack that marks
those imports as optional, but I’d like to make sure this is fixed ASAP (particularly before
> Thoughts?
> --
> Daniel Kulp
> -