camel-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject camel-flatpack license issue....
Date Tue, 28 Jul 2015 18:03:36 GMT
camel-flatpack currently pulls in jexcelapi.   Unfortunately, that library is LGPL and thus
is not something we can have as part of out default builds of components and stuff.   I’ve
excluded that dep in the pom and all of our tests pass.  However, the flatpack bundle lists
those imports as required which will prevent it from being installed in OSGi without the LGPL
dependency.

What I’d like to do:
1) Remove the jexcelapi dep from the pom.   Our usage doesn’t need it.

2) Remove camel-flatpack from the features.xml.    It’s not going to work in OSGi without
that dep.

Longer term, we may be able to create a new servicemix bundle for flatpack that marks those
imports as optional, but I’d like to make sure this is fixed ASAP (particularly before 2.15.3).

Thoughts?

--
Daniel Kulp