camel-dev mailing list archives

From Sven Nold <Sven.N...@isb-ag.de>
Subject RE: camel-flatpack license issue....
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2015 06:16:05 GMT
Hi,

you could raise an issue on https://github.com/Appendium/flatpack with a note for 3.4.X branch.

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Kulp [mailto:dkulp@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2015 8:04 PM
To: dev@camel.apache.org
Subject: camel-flatpack license issue....

camel-flatpack currently pulls in jexcelapi.   Unfortunately, that library is LGPL and thus
is not something we can have as part of out default builds of components and stuff.   I’ve
excluded that dep in the pom and all of our tests pass.  However, the flatpack bundle lists
those imports as required which will prevent it from being installed in OSGi without the LGPL
dependency.

What I’d like to do:
1) Remove the jexcelapi dep from the pom.   Our usage doesn’t need it.

2) Remove camel-flatpack from the features.xml.    It’s not going to work in OSGi without
that dep.

Longer term, we may be able to create a new servicemix bundle for flatpack that marks those
imports as optional, but I’d like to make sure this is fixed ASAP (particularly before 2.15.3).

Thoughts?

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org - http://dankulp.com/blog Talend Community Coder - http://coders.talend.com