camel-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Cosentino <>
Subject Re: Taking care of the JIRA tickets
Date Sun, 12 Jul 2015 20:40:09 GMT
Very good and tiresome work.
I'll try to help out keeping the open list size like now.
Andrea Cosentino
Apache Camel Committer
Twitter: @oscerd2
Github: oscerd

     On Sunday, July 12, 2015 9:19 AM, Claus Ibsen <> wrote:

For the last couple of days I have walked through all the outstanding
JIRA tickets and updated them.

Some of the tickets were

- already fixed
- duplicate
- still a good idea and moved ahead
- still a good idea and moved to a future release
- something that would break stuff in 2.x and moved to 3.x
- no longer needed and therefore closed
- included a patch that we could apply / use
- no response from reporter
- no activity for a very long time
- etc.

You are very welcome to go over the jiras as well, or any of the
changed jiras to change them also.

The idea is to get the open list down to a manageable size we can use
during the day to day development also. It happens that over time some
jiras may fall behind and otherwise good work fall out of the radar.

As it takes 5-10 hours to walk through all of them its not something
people can do frequently, and therefore a good idea if we can try to
keep the list more up to date.

Also I would suggest that if you have a ticket assigned and dont have
time to work on it .. for any reason, you are welcome to unassign the
ticket. We have some old tickets that has been around for 3+ years
with no work ever since etc. It may be that if a ticket is unassigned
then someone else is more inclined to jump in and help. I got about 30
tickets to my name and I will walk through them now to do that.

Claus Ibsen
Red Hat, Inc.
Twitter: davsclaus
Author of Camel in Action: