camel-dev mailing list archives

From Binu Surendran <>
Subject Re: Soap and gzip compression
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2015 13:10:02 GMT

You are correct, the below cxf feature enable the use of gzip to compress
the messages on the wire.

Adding above cxf feature to cxf endpoint works fine for me, I am using camel
2.13.0 and cxf-api version 2.7.10. If you enable logging in cxf using
org.apache.cxf.interceptor.LoggingOutInterceptor then you can verify the
value of Accept-Encoding header, find the sample log below;

19Jun,2015 17:15:08,386  INFO : - Outbound
ID: 2
Address: https://abc.webservice,com
Encoding: UTF-8
Http-Method: POST
Headers: {Accept=[*/*], Accept-Encoding=[*gzip*;q=1.0, identity; q=0.5,
Payload: <soap:Envelope

But you cannot verify the Content-Encoding header from response, because the
GZIPInInterceptor class will remove the Content-Encoding (one of the
protocol headers) header once the response is uncompressed. Eventhough the
webservice sent the compressed message with Content-Encoding=gzip, the
camel/cxf will not hve this header in place. You can verify this by browsing
org.apache.cxf.transport.common.gzip.GZIPInInterceptor class from
cxf-rt-core library.

Hope this calrifies your query.