camel-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <>
Subject Re: camel-jetty artifact name issue
Date Fri, 06 Mar 2015 14:51:10 GMT
I agree with Dan and Claus that we should use camel-jetty9 as the
default. With the short support periods of jetty we should suggest to
that the new verson is the prefered one.
I can tackle the version upgrade

On 06.03.2015 15:32, Daniel Kulp wrote:
> I’d greatly prefer to leave the current setup and document/release note that the user
needs to explicitly select which version they need or want to use.
> If we have to rename one, rename jetty9.   Jetty8 is EOL and I would not want it to be
the “default” going forward.     (that said, we need to get the jetty 9 up to 9.2.9 level
due to a security issue in 9.2.7)
> The setting in the Karaf features file can be a bit different as they would depend on
what version of Karaf it’s using.   Not much we can do about that as it’s whatever the
Karaf community decided.   Outside Karaf, we can at least provide the more secure alternative
as the default.
> Dan

Christian Schneider

Open Source Architect