camel-dev mailing list archives

From slush <derek.abd...@gmail.com>
Subject Pulling property placeholders out of camel route definitions
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2015 01:28:46 GMT
Hello. Is it possible to pull out property placeholder names out of route
definitions in Java/XML DSL? For example:

<routes xmlns="http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring">
   <route>
      <from uri="timer://foo?fixedRate=true&amp;delay=0&amp;period=5000" />
      <to uri="log:foo?level=INFO"/>
   </route>
</routes>

Following this:
http://camel.apache.org/loading-routes-from-xml-files.html

I'd want to pull out "message" as a property to-be-supplied programmatically
so I can, for example, dynamically generate an input form based on those
property names and present this to the user to fill in. In my situation I
end up having N instances of this route instantiated. I'd prefer the
properties come from the template for DRY principles.

I looked at the PropertiesComponent as well as its PropertiesParser and
PropertiesResolver but from what I see this doesn't look possible.

Thanks!