camel-dev mailing list archives

From Willem Jiang <>
Subject Re: [discuss] Future of the camel-jetty producer side
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2014 09:36:49 GMT
As we don’t release camel components separately, I need to support the Jetty7,8 for very
long time. It make sense that we can share the common logics in these components to avoid
the duplication.

Camel-http, camel-http4 share some common logic at the same time, maybe it’s time for us
to go through these http components to extract the common logics into camel-http-common module
to avoid those duplicate codes.

Willem Jiang

Red Hat, Inc.
Blog: (English) (Chinese)
Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

On December 9, 2014 at 4:31:16 PM, Christian Schneider ( wrote:
> Probably having two versions of camel-jetty is the only viable way then.
> I am a bit concerned about the code duplication though. The component it
> self is already quite big and the tests are even bigger. Should we try
> to move the common things into a separate jar?
> I think one deciding factor here is how long we plan to support the
> jetty7 and jetty8 camel-jetty. If it is only for a year or so then the
> duplication might be acceptable as we can remove the old module after
> this point.
> If we plan to support it for longer then it is a bigger issue.
> Btw. I saw that there are some rest specific classes in camel-jetty and
> also in camel-http. Does this make sense? Shouldn't rest be a separate
> layer?
> I also wonder if we at least could move that part into camel-http
> completely to make camel-jetty smaller before we split it up.
> Christian
> On 09.12.2014 04:10, Willem Jiang wrote:
> > It’s hard to support two major release version.
> > How about fork another version of camel-jetty (camel-jetty8) which supports Jetty7
> and Jetty8 and move camel-jetty to support Jetty9 instead.
> >
> > --
> > Willem Jiang
> >
> > Red Hat, Inc.
> > Web: