camel-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: [discuss] Future of the camel-jetty producer side
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2014 08:29:16 GMT
Probably having two versions of camel-jetty is the only viable way then.
I am a bit concerned about the code duplication though. The component it
self is already quite big and the tests are even bigger. Should we try
to move the common things into a separate jar?

I think one deciding factor here is how long we plan to support the
jetty7 and jetty8 camel-jetty. If it is only for a year or so then the
duplication might be acceptable as we can remove the old module after
this point.
If we plan to support it for longer then it is a bigger issue.

Btw. I saw that there are some rest specific classes in camel-jetty and
also in camel-http. Does this make sense? Shouldn't rest be a separate
layer?
I also wonder if we at least could move that part into camel-http
completely to make camel-jetty smaller before we split it up.

Christian

On 09.12.2014 04:10, Willem Jiang wrote:
> It’s hard to support two major release version.
> How about fork another version of camel-jetty (camel-jetty8) which supports Jetty7 and
Jetty8 and move camel-jetty to support Jetty9 instead.

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect