camel-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Pocock <>
Subject Re: contribution guidelines, pull requests?
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2014 09:39:19 GMT
On 02/12/14 09:37, Claus Ibsen wrote:
> Hi
> We do not apply PRs asap - people are busy with work.

If Camel has become too big to maintain, then why not split off some of
the modules to be community maintained?  E.g. maybe I can just commit
directly on the camel-smpp module if it is a separate Github project.

The contributor documentation tells people to make separate branches for
each issue they work on.  But if pull requests are not being merged
promptly, that is not an efficient way for contributors to spend their
own work time, it may be better for contributors to create a series of
patches on a feature branch and that can then be merged in one go when
somebody has reviewed it.

In any case, can you please clarify whether every pull request must have
a JIRA, even if it is not fixing a bug?

> Also we really favor unit tests when you add new stuff.
> And btw the converter is wrong, as you should not return null, and the
> parameter provided by Camel is never null either.

I just used the same logic that I saw in this existing type converter
code in core:

If that is not a good example, could you please update it or point me to
a better one and I'll fix my pull request?

View raw message