camel-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Emmersberger <cemme...@gmail.com>
Subject Request for Contribution: Camel-Extra ASF 2.0 Compliant Components
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2014 07:03:59 GMT
Hi,
I’ve done some checking regarding licenses of Camel-Extra components and figured, that we
are currently not using any direct dependencies of any non ASF compliant licenses within the
following components:

camel-couchbase
Couchbase itself remains under a proprietary and enterprise license, the client we are using
is under the ASF2.0 license

camel-spring-neo4j
Neo4J server remains to be under the GNU GPL, however the libraries that we are using to connect
to the server instance are maintained under ASF 2.0

camel-zeromq
zeromq is licensed unde LGPLv3+, however the connecting libraries are ASF 2.0.

Therefore, I kindly ask you to consider a migration of these three components into
You’ll find further, more detailed information on the Camel-Extra mailing list [1].

Please get back with some advice regarding the contribution of the listed components to ASF
Camel.

Kind regards,

Christoph

[1] http://camel-extra.1091541.n5.nabble.com/DISCUSS-Camel-Extra-Licenses-td332.html