camel-dev mailing list archives

From Babak Vahdat <babak.vah...@swissonline.ch>
Subject Re: jenkins full test build error at camel-barcode
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2014 13:21:55 GMT
Hi Aki

For 2.14.0 currently there's an ongoing attempt to suppor JDK 8

And looking back into the Camel releases in the past, each given release
*typically* does support 2 JDKs so that when 2.14.0 is out then we would
support both JDK 7 and 8 and can drop supporting JDK 6 as the release notes
says this:
http://camel.apache.org/camel-2140-release.html#Camel2.14.0Release-Importantchangestoconsiderwhenupgrading

I guess what still needs to be done as well is to tweak the
maven-compiler-plugin settings on master for source/target (1.6 => 1.7)

Regarding the build failures you mentioned, there was an old attempt to
stabilize it

Babak

Aki Yoshida-3 wrote