camel-dev mailing list archives

From Gregor Zurowski <gre...@zurowski.org>
Subject Test failures when building Camel
Date Tue, 13 May 2014 16:09:43 GMT
Hi Everyone:

During the last vote for releasing version 2.13.1 it seemed that most of
you who voted use OS X as the primary platform for building Camel locally.
My primary development platforms are Windows and Linux, and I actually had
to struggle a bit to get all JUnit tests executed. As posted in the voting
thread, I had to modify two tests
(DefaultTraceEventMessageTest.testDefaultTraceEventMessageBody [1] and
PrinterPrintTest.setJobName) that would obviously not run on Windows at
all. What I also experienced is that some tests fail sporadically
(especially tests in camel-jgroups and camel-ftp seem to fail often). After
numerous attempts, I was eventually able to build on Windows without test
failures. I was not able to build on Ubuntu Linux 14.04 with Java 7 though.

Before going into further details I want to understand whether these
sporadic test failures could be platform related or whether you also
experience these when building locally?

Thanks in advance,

Gregor

[1]