camel-dev mailing list archives

From James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] - Turn off JMX load statistics by default?
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2014 17:27:59 GMT
I'm +1

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 12:08 PM, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:

> I'm +1 to this.
>
> The OTHER big problem with the current JMX stats is that they are poorly implemented
as a gigantic synchronized block which then has a bunch of internal synchronized blocks.
 In some of the load testing I've done when using a single route with a lot of threads, I've
seen a lot of threads blocked on the stats updating.   It's been on my todo list forever to
update the stats to use Atomic types or something to remove or reduce the synchronized block,
but it's not a high priority as the simple workaround is to turn off the JMX stats.