camel-dev mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] - Turn off JMX load statistics by default?
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2014 09:14:41 GMT
Hi

Background
http://camel.apache.org/camel-jmx

In Camel we have a load statistics in JMX that calculates a "load" per
1, 5, and 15 minutes - which is similar to the concept on unix such as
the top command (load avg)

Though to do this we have 1 background thread that once per second
calculates the load. That dont matter if you have 1 camel in a JVM.

But some users have many WARs deployed etc and thus have maybe 30 of
these threads.

Just wonder if we should switch the default to be turned off, people
can easily turn the stats on, accordingly to the docs in the link
above.

Any thoughts?

--
Claus Ibsen