camel-dev mailing list archives

From Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [CANCEL][VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.12.3
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2014 14:21:01 GMT
My point is this: if we say that Camel supports 1.6 then it should be
built with 1.6 with the expected results, including the html doc if we
claim that to be part of the release. Otherwise we support 1.6 only for
runtime, which is not what we say actually. I think this has to be
clarified before the next 2.12.x release. Without this fixed, I will -1
the next 2.12.x release, because part of testing the release I will
build from sources.

Cheers,
Hadrian

On 02/20/2014 02:43 AM, Willem Jiang wrote:
> "Supports JDK 6" could mean from the source and binary level, but we still need to choice
one version of JDK to build the kit. There is a known javadoc issue[1] which we cannot get
fix from public released JDK6, so I prefer to build the kit with JDK7 and make sure the classes
are target to 1.6.

> I can cut a new version Camel 2.12.3 this week but we need to postpone the release of
Camel 2.13.0 , as I don’t have enough time to do two release this month.