camel-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: git commit: CAMEL-7023: Added hawtio goal to camel maven plugin.
Date Sun, 01 Dec 2013 09:39:23 GMT
I see another technical issue with the relation between camel and
hawtio. The Hawtio camel integration depends on camel. If we now add a
dependency from camel to hawtio this creates a circular depenency that
tightly couples the projects in a way that should be avoided.

So why not just provide a small camel hawtio plugin inside hawtio that
does this integration. So the dependency is simply from hawtio to camel.
For the users this does not make a difference in usability but
technically it is cleaner.

Christian