camel-dev mailing list archives

From "Goyal, Arpit" <arpit.go...@sap.com>
Subject Why Pass Java object in Twitter (& other) component
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2013 03:22:01 GMT
Hi Colleagues,

I would like to understand the logic behind camel component allowing to migrate Java Objects.
From Twitter component, after polling we get twitter4j.Status object. For any processing in
the subsequent step we either use the TypeConvertor provided - which changes into String (and
that to having only partial information of Status object) or we add custom processor to change
it to XML/JSON.

Why not have standard behavior across camel components? Wanted to understand the logic behind
it!!! Is it only to keep it flexible and give end-users ideal control with the data?

Regards,
Arpit.